Re: [wmii] Roadmap to 3.5

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:21:00 +0100

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:50:37 +0100 Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> I don't understand the following:
>
> > * ixpc uses IXP_ADDRESS as the default address it reads from
> > => re-introduce WMII_ADDRESS, wmiir
>
> Why re-introducing WMII_ADDRESS and wmiir? hg tip simply uses
> ixpc and IXP_ADDRESS.

Well, I think the point is, that ixpc is for general use
and not for wmii only. The same applies for IXP_ADDRESS.
But wmii sets (and exports) IXP_ADDRESS to point to the
wmii filesystem, so no other program can use it anymore...
Either one should explicitly pass the wmii-address to ixpc
on any call or have a modified ixpc (=wmiir) which uses
WMII_ADDRESS instead of IXP_ADDRESS.
At least, the way it is now appears inconsistent to me:
ixpc is for wmii only, but has a general name.

Actually, a simple wrapper (called wmiir) that takes the
address from WMII_ADDRESS and passes it on to ixpc would
do the job.

Regards,
Stefan