Re: [wmii] Problem with resizing floating window

From: Christopher Illies <christopher.illies_AT_ki.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:16:36 +0100

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 09:47:43PM +0100, Denis Grelich wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:59:34 +0100
> Christopher Illies <christopher.illies_AT_ki.se> wrote:
>
> > Dear List,
> >
> > I have a problem with resizing floating window of a java application:
> > It can only be resized in a vertical, but not a horizontal direction.
> >
> > The program I am using is called Imagej 1.38b:
> > http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/
[...]
> > I have not seen this problem with any other window of any other
> > application, although I don't use many programs that require floating
> > mode. Other window managers handle this particular window without any
> > problems. This problem exists in wmii 3.1 and wmii 3.5, freshly build
> > today.
>
> Hm, works for me, no issues here. No worries though, I'm currently
> refactoring the resizing and movement code, so very likely your
> problems will disappear with the release of 3.5. (At least I hope so :>)
>
> Greetings,
> Denis

Thanks, that sounds good!

Now I am just a little curious why you didn't see this on your system.
Could this have something to do with me using FreeBSD-6, xorg-6.9 and
diablo-jdk-1.5 versus whatever you use on your computer? Anyhow, it is
probably not worth investigating if it works in the end.

Christopher