Re: [wmii] wmii patches

From: Suraj N. Kurapati <skurapat_AT_ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:53:32 -0800

Denis Grelich wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:06:23 +0100
> "Stefan Tibus" <sjti_AT_gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> My main concern is that there should be something done
>> regarding this unions/structs issue, the way it is in the
>> repository now is no solution at all. However, I only see
>> activity on the dwm list within the last months... Have
>> all developers moved?
>
> The unions/struct issue has not been a priority
> to me, since Anselm has planned to simplify ixp's interface anyway.

I agree with Denis -- if the IXP implementation is not so clean, but
works anyway for now, then 3.5 should just be released with it. It
can be fully cleaned up for wmii-4.

> I didn't apply the three-colours-patch to the main tree, since it would
> mean that many users' existing wmiirc's (including the ruby ones) would
> break.

All wmiirc's would break anyway, in a greater effect, when we start
using wmii-3.5 because the output produced by reading a /view is
different than wmii-3.1.

Thus, compared to re-writing the logic for parsing the new /view
output, changing colors is trivial (just a few lines like

  WMII_NORMCOLORS=...
  WMII_SELCOLOR=...

at the top of wmiirc).