Re: [wmii] dual screens?

From: Alexis Hildebrandt <afh_AT_2drop.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 18:38:27 +0100

Hello Jason LaPier on Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 06:07:34PM CET, you wrote:
> I realize this may not be ideal for some people, but this is exactly
> what I was looking for. The one drawback is that I have to take my
> hands off the keyboard if I need to switch screens on the display I'm
> not working in - but that's ok,

You could install swarp from http://www.suckless.org/wiki/tools/xlib,
which is a command line tool, that moves your mouse cursor to the
coordinates you specified as command line options.

With two custom key bindings which will call swarp with the appropriate
coordinates for your screens in your rc.wmii.local or wmiirc (depending
which one you use) you could easily toggle focus in between screens.

As an example $MODKEY-Control-h could be used to switch to the left
screen whereas could be used $MODKEY-Control-l to switch to the right
screen.

Greetz Alexis.

--
Tip 20: Keep Knowledge in Plain Text