Re: [wmii] slock problem

From: Tom Lieber <alltom_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 06:55:50 -0400

On 9/5/07, Chris King <colanderman_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm launching slock from my wmiirc as follows:
>
> Key $MODKEY-Control-l
> slock &
>
> Occasionally it works, but usually it blanks the screen for about a
> second before returning control to wmii. Sometimes it causes wmii to
> seize up.
>
> Running slock from the terminal or the programs menu works fine.

I don't launch it the same way -- I do it through the action menu
(MOD+a by default) -- but I do get the same problem sometimes. I
haven't had it seize up entirely. Sometimes it looks like everything
is crashed because nothing responds, but typing my password and
pressing enter returns everything to normal. I'd like to have the
screen-blanking part of the program work all the time, though.

--
Tom Lieber
http://AllTom.com/