Re: [wmii] Updates to tip, please test!

From: Andre Kuehne <andre.kuehne_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 21:27:16 +0200

Uriel wrote:

>> 5) support for apps native full screen modes sucks (qiv [drops behind
>> managed layer], gqview [window appears slightly offscreen], firefox
>> [titlebar doesn't come back when you return from fullscreen])
>
> This IMHO is the greatest issue, I know it was fixed at some point,
> sad to see it broken again, I hate X...

In an earlier mail i identified one revision, which broke fullscreen
support for mplayer:

http://www.suckless.org/pipermail/wmii/2007-June/003547.html

Just to be sure i did some more tests.

I built libixp from latest revision before the suspected wmii commit:

changeset: 39:7c3b9ef60da1
user: Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org>
date: Tue Feb 20 13:25:44 2007 -0500
summary: Undoing last change. It was already done in LDFLAGS

Then i build and run wmii from this revision:

changeset: 1981:18c1736806e7
user: Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org>
date: Thu Mar 01 16:37:00 2007 -0500
summary: Fix flicker on keyboard focus change.

These are the fullscreen test results:

gqview: works
feh: works
mplayer: works
gmplayer: works
xine: works
firefox: not working

And the same with the subsequent revision:

changeset: 1982:65643b7a63d6
user: Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org>
date: Fri Mar 02 03:13:32 2007 -0500
summary: Implemented the Aspect hint, as well as some moderate cleanup.

gqview: not working
feh: not working
mplayer: not working
gmplayer: not working
xine: not working
firefox: not working

I don't know how much changed since then in the relevant parts of the
codebase, but this should be of some help at least.

Best wishes
Andre