Re: [wmii] [ANN] New snap, major changes: wmii+ixp-20080120

From: Alex Kilgore <adkilgor_AT_spartan.uncg.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:26:22 -0500

Frank Blendinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 02:27:58PM -0500, Thomas Gallen wrote:
>
>> Moving on, I like the column edge drag resizing, however now MOD+Right_Click
>> dragging for window resizing seems to be acting strange. The old
>> behavior of MOD+Right_Click dragging was that only
>> that corner of the window would stretch leaving the other side of the
>> column alone. However now when I attempt to resize a window that way both sides
>> of the column expand regardless of the corner I grab. This makes actual
>> semi-precise window arrangement a tedious task.
>>

> I don't see that behaviour here - resizing works as expected. Has it
> already been fixed maybe?
>
> I encountered a different problem though: it seems that moving a
> floating window around with MOD+Left_Click is acting strange. It often
> just stops moving as if I released the mouse button, though I keep it
> down. Sometimes it also does not even start to grab the window when I
> MOD+Left_Click in it. It seems that some mouse events are lost somehow.
>

>> Otherwise this release fixed a lot of things for me, including my
>> mplayer fullscreen issue (however it blanks out the other screen
>> completely, but this is a large step in a good direction), and the
>> issue where window heights would randomly resize themselves when
>> resizing other windows (was restricted to column though I believe).
>>

> I'm also very happy with the fullscreen toggling of mplayer working
> again.
>

> Greetings,
> Frank

Hello,

Great job on the new snap, i really like it

>and the
>issue where window heights would randomly resize themselves when
>resizing other windows (was restricted to column though I believe).

yeah this only seems to happen to me when i click in the grabboxes in default mode,
on making a second column, the one on the right is significantly larger than the left, thats just an example of course, (is that intentional?) it seems that only for the first few columns, the size isnt too predictable

otherwise, it fixed a ton of things for me too,

-Alex