Re: [wmii] ClientClick-event when moving mouse wheel even inside windows

From: Benjamin Hanzelmann <ben_AT_nabcos.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:25:16 +0100

On Wed, 27. Feb 2008, Dewey Hylton wrote:

> Quoting Benjamin Hanzelmann <ben_AT_nabcos.de>:
> > I tried the latest snapshot and after that installed wmii from the devel
> > repository, but I am still missing the mouse wheel:
> >
> > The mouse wheel (button 4 and 5) always generate "ClientClick"-events,
> > even though the pointer is not over the title bar of a window.
> > Button 1 to 3 are working fine... (ClientMouseDown and ClientClick on
> > titlebar, no events inside the window)
> >
> > Seems like a bug to me. ;) Should I provide more debugging data? And if
> > yes, how? ;)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Benjamin Hanzelmann
> >

> are you sure your X is setup correctly? example:
>
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>
> could have nothing to do with wmii; mine works fine.

If I start only an xterm, xev gives me correct button-events. After
starting wmii (from the xterm), xev only gives weird EnterNotify-events
(or the like, I'm not at the "right" computer now for copy/paste). Mouse
wheel in xfce and gnome is working...

The system is ubuntu gutsy accessed over a SunRay thin client, a rather
unusal setup (I think), so I tried to verify that the problem is really
with wmii...

Regards,
Benjamin Hanzelmann