[wmii] questions and suggestions

From: Davide Anchisi <danchisi_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:35:34 +0100

Hi,

 I have been using wmii since a couple of weeks, and I like it very much.
 I have a couple of questions and some suggestions to improve wmii.

 - Is it possible to move to next view using arrows?

 - Is it possible to rename an existing view?

 Things I think would improve wmii usability:

 - it would be useful to shade a floating window (leaving only the
 window title bar), (e.g. by double clicking on the bar, or choosing
 from the right-click menu);

 - It would be useful also to have the name of the floating windows
 appear in the status bar (or in a menu in the status bar, like the
 menu for programs) and to click on the name to focus and rise or to
 hide the window

 I know, wmii is a tagging window manager, and I love it, but sometimes
 I need to work with many floating windows (e.g. when using gimp or
 inkscape) and it's painful to not to be able to remove some window
 from sight, or not to be able to rise a hidden window.

 - Finally, a less important point. What about being able to tab
windows (like in fluxbox or in ion3), and not only to stack them?

 Thanks,

   Davide