I'm trying to set up wmii with xrandr::
$ xrandr --output LVDS --below VGA
This causes wmii to put the statusbar on the bottom of VGA, and prevents
windows from going/displaying in LVDS.
When i do::
$ xrandr --output LVDS --above VGA
The status bar is almost at the top of VGA, letting the workspace to take
a total of 1024 pixels of height.
Maybe wmii wouldn't let windows going below the statusbar?
Anyway, i'd like to have the status bar on LVDS instead of VGA, which is
screen 1 in X screen abstration - VGA being screen 0.
Note that i am underskilled with C and Xorg.
So, two problems:
- how to make the statusbar on the bottom of screen 1 aka LVDS?
- how to make the workspace height greater than 1024px?
- wmii-3.6 with libixp 0.4 from gentoo ~x86 ebuilds
- wmii rev 2292 with libixp rev 89 tested as well
- Xorg 7.3 gentoo ebuild
- Xrandr 1.2.3 gentoo ebuild
- kernel 2.6.24 with i915 (driver from i810 family)
- GC: 0:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
Thanks for wmii, it's my favourite WM.
Thanks for your support on #wmii and thanks in advance for your support on the ML.
-- James PicReceived on Tue Mar 11 2008 - 17:54:48 UTC
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Sun Jul 13 2008 - 16:37:54 UTC