Re: [wmii] Setting EWMH Struts?

From: David Morris <lists_AT_morris-clan.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:13:33 -0600

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 01:46:58PM -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 05:23:49PM -0700, David Morris wrote:
>> That'd be fantastic. I'd be glad to act as the ginnie pig
>> to test it out.
>
> Sorry it's taken so long. In the latest hg tip, there's a
> directory, cmd/strut, which contains the program wistrut.
> When given a window id, it will watch it and set its
> struts whenever it's touching the side of the screen, and
> when its dimension perpendicular to that side is less than
> half of the screen's corresponding dimension. I indend to
> add more features, namely, automatically moving the window
> to the given side. Maybe even swallowing the window (which
> is probably illegal) and restricting it to a given side.
> I think that that functionality would be better
> implemented in wmii, though, and I'm still considering
> doing just that.

No worries about the time to implement. As you might guess,
it took me awhile to get around to using it.

I'm using this for a terminal window and have found resizing
is a bit buggy, and the window needs to be one column less
than maximized horizontally (at bottom of screen) for the
application to work. Other than that though, it works great
and is precisely what I needed. It has greatly simplified
my life using WMII.

Thanks!

--David