Re: [wmii] [ANN] Major changes.

From: <10.50_AT_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:27:28 +0200

Selon Robert C Corsaro <rcorsaro_AT_optaros.com>:

> I'd like to announce that I am forking wmii. I don't like the java
> change and I would like to take wmii in a different direction. I will
> be concentrating on 3d-desktop and transparency, which are long overdue
> in wmii. If you would like to be a part of the new wmii-3d community,
> there is only one requirement. You have to write pen 15 on your hand.

Well, I see I am not the only one to be dismayed by the Java shift. As part-time
kernel tester and driver programmer, I am driven to C — maybe C++ at best. I
have been seduced from start by wmi because it was clean, compact and efficient
C. I've never run a single line of Java in my all life, that's entirely foreign
to me... So if there is a wmii variant in C, I shall surely stick to it.

Vincent