Re: [wmii] wmii on wikipedia

From: Uriel <uriel99_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 01:17:25 +0200

Well, the current wiki and the new dweb (or whatever) do not support
virtual hosts (forcing things to live on random subdirs of
www.suckless.org), which is another thing that sucks about both setups
(apparently arg hasn't figured out yet how to use virtual hosts
*sigh*)

I'm fine with wmii.suckless.org being the 'canonical' address, but
given that control over DNS records at suckless has historically
sucked badly (afaik suckless.org still has no dns 'real' servers under
our control, although having gandi manage it is quite a bit more
reassuring than whatever crap we had before), and after wmii.de got
lost I'm somewhat reticent to depend on a domain owned by garbeam I'm
somewhat skeptic, and I'm not happy hosting stuff without having
direct control over its dns records, it is asking for trouble next
time arg changes his mind.

Peace

uriel