Re: [wmii] java apps stop receiving keyboard events

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:25:00 -0800

Suraj Kurapati wrote:
> The bug still occurs with OpenJDK:
>
> 1. Run jEdit
>
> 2. Press Control-O to launch the "File open" dialog.
>
> 3. Type a few characters (they should appear in the filename) to see
> that the keyboard focus is working.
>
> 4. Hit escape to close the dialog.
>
> 3. Repeat 2-4 until the dialog no longer accepts keystrokes. This
> always occurs for me on the fourth or fifth time.

New discovery:

After the bug occurs in the "File open" dialog, all other dialogs also
exhibit the bug. For example, if I open the "Search and replace"
dialog (Control-F) the same keystroke bug is there.

New workaround:

After the bug occurred, I moved the "File open" dialog from the
floating layer to the managed layer. The bug went away! And the
dialog accepted my keystrokes. After this, all other dialogs (whether
in floating or managed layer) started accepting my keystrokes also.