Re: [wmii] Using "colspan"?

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:03:04 +0100

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Michael Stapelberg
<michael_AT_stapelberg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering whether such a layout is possible:
> +--------+
> | |
> +---+----+
> | | |
> +---+----+
>
> I think because wmii thinks in columns, this is currently not possible. Got
> any ideas on how to get such a layout? Is this planned for a later release?
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

No, you're perfectly right, it doesn't fit with our columns model.

I remember having asked the same question when I was new to wmii:)
Kris does all the development at the moment, in quantum advance.
I also used to ask what's being planned, but I guess there really are
no strong plans.

They have all these fancy layouts in dwm...