Re: [wmii] background transparency with rc.wmii

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 14:26:36 -0500

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 07:48:20PM +0100, Julien Pecqueur (JPEC) wrote:
>> As a side note, you shouldn't modify rc.wmii, just add a rc.wmii.local
>> file.
>
>This rc.wmii is in my local folder ~/.wmii-hg, it's not the /etc/wmii file.

I know, but that's not the point. The whole purpose of
rc.wmii.local is that your rc only contains customizations,
rather than a preamble with customizations followed by the
default values. That way, a) you don't have to muddle through
the default values every time you look at your customizations,
and b) you don't have to worry about keeping in sync with the
upstream changes.

--
Kris Maglione
tried it.