Re: [dev] wmii and gtk fontsize

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:56:19 -0400

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 07:37:02PM +0000, jean bonhomme wrote:
>> You need to run gnome-settings-daemon or the like.
>
>I was reluctant to install gnome pieces on my system
>but i did it, gave it a try and it works. Thanks
>
>What was involved in this problem?
>It should be possible to solve it without desktop environnement
>pieces, isn't it?

A lot of the GTK theme features and quirks (fonts especially)
people are used to come from some settings or session daemon,
and it's usually gnome-settings-daemon. Xfce and KDE's gtk theme
engine do the same (and ROX-Session does some other useful
things, like enable assignable key bindings). It's a FAQ for all
lightweight window managers, and the standard answer is: run
gnome-settings-daemon.

--
Kris Maglione
I do not believe in the immortality of the individual, and I consider