Re: [dev] dwm development continues NOW

From: Jacob Todd <jaketodd422_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:52:46 -0400

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 02:53:10AM +0400, Michael wrote:
> Anselm R Garbe wrote:
> > Afterwards the next item will be the interface integration to enable
> > different drawing backends, which will ease porting to cairo/pango or
> > xft as well. The advantage is, that the same interface will be used in
> > st and dmenu as well. This is basically the remainder of my
> > unpublished libtg efforts.
>
> Please, clarify about porting to cairo/pango - I remember discussion
> about this not long ago, and there were a lot of "don't do it", mainly
> because of the size of those libraries.

I thin Anselm literally meant 'porting to cairo/pango or xft as well'. I
don't think that dwm will use all of them, but they will be available if
you want to use them. That was my interpretation of the message.

Also, what the hell is libtg? Google shows nothing useful.

--
Jake Todd
// If it isn't broke, tweak it!