Re: [dev] dwm in a window

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:25:17 -0500

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Anselm R Garbe<garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> a) on top of existing ones
>
> b) existing ones on top
>
> I tend to a) atm just because it would make porting to other platforms
> so much simpler.

There is no point to running a window system on top of an existing
window system, unless there is some religious abstraction method
you're married to. Implementing a gui that runs on a gui ends up with
crap like WINE. I can understand arguments that x11 needs to be
replaced, and I can understand (some) arguments that x11 needs to be
left alone, but the idea that x11 needs to be *supplemented* is
amazing.

--
# Kurt H Maier