Re: OT: Re: [dev] mention suckless favorably in today's blog article A Quantum of Computing

From: Jack Woehr <jax_AT_well.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:25:15 -0600

Jimmy Tang wrote:
> I haven't looked into quantum computing in a while myself, the last time
> I looked at it the prototypes were all still toys, and it was mostly
> theory. I probably won't see a fully functioning quantum computer in my
> life time and I'm still young :)

I'm in my late 50's. It occurs to me as a possibility that barely
practical QC will be
the last great computational hardware leap forward during my working
years. I'm
guessing (I've lived through a lot of changes!) that by the time I'm 70
we'll be in
the "vacuum tube" era or working quantum computers.

http://dwavesys.com claims great progress in hardware.

If you are interested, I will be blogging pretty steady about this on
http://dobbscodetalk.com
where I will be trying to get the readers to help me understand this
puzzling field!

--
Jack J. Woehr            # I run for public office from time to time. It's like
http://www.well.com/~jax # working out at the gym, you sweat a lot, don't get