Re: [dev] [OT] announcing fbpad

From: Ali Gholami Rudi <aliqrudi_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:52:15 +0430

Hi,

Ammar James <lone.nomad_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Fbpad is a small framebuffer virtual terminal that uses libfreetype to
>> render truetype fonts. It manages many terminals through tags. The tag
>> management is intentionally minimal and simple. A tag is represented
>> with a single letter (or digit if you prefer) and each tag has a main
>> and an alt terminal. Something like dwm monocle layout where each tag
>> can hold at most two windows (that was how I used dwm on a laptop
>> screen). If someone prefers tiled windows, he can run dvtm inside
>
> You might be interested in dvtm.

Why? What I needed was a terminal with truetype fonts on linux
framebuffer, I'm not sure how dvtm can help. The tag management of
fbpad is very minimal and was an afterthought; "fbpad is a framebuffer
virtual terminal that uses libfreetype to render fonts". But yes it is
a virtual terminal and as I've mentioned before, you can run dvtm inside
it if you want tiled layouts.

        Ali