Re: [dev] dwm default bindings

From: Donald Allen <donaldcallen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:09:17 -0400

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Donald Allen<donaldcallen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Donald Allen<donaldcallen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Julien Pecqueur
>> (JPEC)<jpec_AT_julienpecqueur.com> wrote:
>>> I think the ctrl+alt combinaison suck : you need two hands for killing a client...
>>
>> Not so, at least on my IBM keyboards and Thinkpad laptop keyboards.
>> Left pinky and thumb on ctrl and alt, 2nd (pointer) finger on c.
>
> Oops -- forgot 4th finger on shift. This is not difficult for me, but
> I am a pianist, so might not work well for others.

Still pursuing the alt -> alt-shift idea for my Window-key-less
keyboards, I note that my original proposal to also change the
alt-shift sequences to control-alt-shift doesn't make sense, since I'm
not aware of any conflicts with those. So the objection that killing a
client window would require two hands certainly is not an issue, since
it would not change from the present default.

/Don