Re: [dev] 9base-3

From: Antony Jepson <antonyat_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 20:11:56 -0400

On 2009-08-06, Charlie Kester wrote:
> Help me understand the pro's and con's here. Why/when should I use
> 9base rather than plan9port?

You could do a little research here to save us all some time. But, I
feel generous, so:

The major differences between the two are size and the included
programs.

$ pacman -Si 9base
Download Size : 5828.02 K

$ pacman -Si plan9port
Download Size : 30772.74 K

plan9port includes sam, acme, rio, and 9term whereas 9base doesn't.

Think about it this way, 9base has the everything you need to run 'werc'
and nothing else (i.e. no GUI tools).

--
Sincerely,
Antony Jepson /  <antonyat_AT_gmail.com> / GPG Key: 0xFA10ED80