Re: [dev] [wmii] Transparent frame which partially covers the screen

From: jean bonhomme <jeanbonh_AT_ymail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 20:33:16 +0000 (GMT)

--- En date de : Jeu 4.6.09, jean bonhomme <jeanbonh_AT_ymail.com> a écrit :

>> De: jean bonhomme <jeanbonh_AT_ymail.com>
>> Objet: [dev] [wmii] Transparent frame which partially covers the screen
>> À: dev_AT_suckless.org
>> Date: Jeudi 4 Juin 2009, 19h50
>>
>> On a debian with the 12/05/09 snapshot, when wmii starts, i
>> have a transparent frame which doesn't fit the screen size.
>> I see it because its border and  bottom bar aren't
>> transparent.
>> It is top left aligned, if i fullscreen the client this
>> frame disappears, if i fullscreen twice, (fullscreen and
>> back to last state) this transparent frame doesn't come
>> back, but if i launch any other apps it appears again.
>>

> De: jean bonhomme <jeanbonh_AT_ymail.com>
> Objet: [dev] [wmii] Transparent frame which partially covers the screen
> À: dev_AT_suckless.org
> Date: Vendredi 5 Juin 2009, 08h47
> I "solved" it by using 20/05/08 snapshot.

Somes news from this two month old problem which I had left aside.
Now it is really solved,
I just had to add :
xrandr --output TMDS-1 --off
in my ~/.xsession.

What is surprising is that I had this problem only with wmii, and only for snapshots newer as the 20/05/08 one.

But it is possibly a bug in the xserver-xorg-video-intel driver.
I've read other people complaining on the net with the same card as i have,
intel 945GM.