Re: [dev] Lexers and parsers

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:34:47 +0200

A part that it is only x86, it is only for Linux, it needs to be
rewritten for for every OS (changing syscall nums is not the
only thing to change). The use of 'int' is somewhat inneficient
on current CPUs, the code is not recycling syscall entrypoints, etc..

Portability and maintainance is something that collides with the
use of assembly language. I like to run my programs on as many
platforms as possible.

I see this source as a 90% comment, 10% code...which is somewhat
disgusting...And the lack of imagination while typing spaguetti assembly
is not very nice. Macros are designed to ease these tasks to the
programmer.

But yeah, it is a funny piece of code. But I was thinking in something
written in less than 200LOC of C.