Re: [dev] Surf development

From: Dieter Plaetinck <dieter_AT_plaetinck.be>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:48:46 +0200

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:11:27 +0000
Jacob Todd <jaketodd422_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> I could never get vimpression to compile. I've been using uzbl for a
> while now and have never had problems with it, the only thing it's
> really missing for me is good cookie support.

What are you missing?
I think cookie_daemon.py is pretty nice (it's in uzbl mainline git).
It uses pythons cookie lib for correct cookie handling and it uses a socket for fast communication.
If you want "policies" or white/black-lists you have to hack the code a bit, which I think is okay.

Note that this daemon can also be used by other browsers, it has a simple socket interface.

DIeter