Re: [dev] Talk about sane web browsers

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 16:33:53 +0200

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Anselm R Garbe<garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> So you judge about things you believe you have superior clue about,
> then go ahead and do us a favor and build a decent web browser that we
> can all be happy with.

Blah, blah, blah, irrelevant nonsequitour.

> As I said very often to you: talking and discrediting things is
> *simple*, but getting things done isn't.

It might be 'simple', but still it has to be done, and nobody does it,
everyone is too busy kissing each others asshole, so I do it, and if
people get pissed and whinny at me for it, that is their problem.

And you are the one here talking unjustified shit about Chrome when
comparing it to clearly inferior designs, not me, you lost the
technical argument, so now bring the stupid moralizing bullshit.

I don't know about you, but I actually think that trying to
objectively evaluate the pros and cons of things is usually a fairly
good idea instead of going by whatever you find more emotionally
comforting.

> Perhaps you are brave enough
> to proof your judgements with a real piece of software development one
> day?

I have built plenty of real pieces of software, they are all crap, but
I'm still rather satisfied with my judgement (in great part because I
do try to know my own limitations), specially compared to that of most
people that don't seem to be able to tell the different between a rat
excrement and a diamond even in a million years.

And if I wanted to rub salt into your wounds I could add that if it
was not for my judgement you would still be programming in C++, using
auto*hell, praising Object Oriented programming as the greatest
invention in the history of programming, and god only knows what else.

Peace

uriel