Re: [dev] Talk about sane web browsers

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 04:40:35 +0200

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Pinocchio<cchinopio_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course, your work on http 0.2 seems to be comprehensive. A suckless
> browser should attempt to incorporate http 0.2 once its ready for adoption.
> Did you think about adopting just a sane subset of HTTP/1.1 has HTTP 0.2 or
> did you find HTTP/1.1 _that_ broken?

HTTP 0.2 *is* a subset of HTTP 1.1. The only proposed additions would
be simply conventions (totally compatible with HTTP 1.1) to do things
that HTTP 1.1 can't do at all, like listing directory contents.

But again this conventions would be defined in terms of the 'sane'
subset of HTTP 1.1, and would only be used for things that now are
done with abominations like WebDAV or SOAP. (It is basically defining
a standard directory listing format, using something minimally sane
like JSON, and some REST-ful operations to update such fs metadata).

Not sure if this makes it more clear, it is 5am and I'm barely awake,
ask if it is still confusing.

Peace

uriel