Re: [dev] Question upgrading dwm

From: Anselm R Garbe <anselm_AT_garbe.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:49:26 +0100

Hi David,

2009/9/23 David Neu <david_AT_davidneu.com>:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Anselm R Garbe <anselm_AT_garbe.us> wrote:
>> This is really odd and it must be related to some older config.h,
>> patch, or something else.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Anselm
>
> Hi Anselm,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Everything seems to working now ...
>
> I reviewed config.mk and noticed the following section:
> # Xinerama, un-comment if you want it
> XINERAMALIBS = -L${X11LIB} -lXinerama
> XINERAMAFLAGS = -DXINERAMA
>
> I commented these lines out and plain vanilla dwm compiled, with these warnings
> dwm.c: In function ‘updategeom’:
> dwm.c:1686: warning: unused variable ‘nn’
> but all works well.

Ah that explains a lot. You aren't using dwm-5.6.1, right? You are
using dwm-5.6?
The bug you were noticing was fixed in dwm-5.6.1. Not building with
Xinerama support will do the trick on single head setups as well of
course.

> Note that aptitude shows that packages libxinerama-dev and
> x11proto-xinerama-dev were installed automatically on my Unbuntu
> laptop.
>
> Perhaps the lines referenced above in config.mk should be commented
> out by default, as the comment preceding them seems to imply.

What do others think about this proposal? No Xinerama support by default?

Kind regards,
Anselm