Re: [dev] wmii: Question on wmiirc_local.py

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:09:43 -0400

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 08:53:59PM +0200, Thomas Dahms wrote:
>I tried the Python wmiirc today.
>As I understand the documentation, all I have to do is put wmiirc_local.py to ~/.wmii-hg and leave everything else in /etc.
>Then wmii -r python/wmiirc starts with the Python wmiirc, but anything in wmiirc_local.py is ignored. So far I tried only key bindings adjustments. My wmiirc_local.py looks like this:
>
>import operator
>import os
>import re
>import sys
>import traceback
>import pygmi
>from pygmi import *
>from pygmi import events
>
>events.keydefs = dict(
> mod='Mod4',
> left='Left',
> down='Down',
> up='Up',
> right='Right')
>
>Am I doing anything wrong?

Well, to start with, you don't need to import all of those
modules. Aside from that, you bring up a good point: key
bindings are interpolated from events.keydefs when they're
defined. You're changing them after that point. I'll see what I
can do before the next snapshot. It will be fixed before 3.9 is
released. For now, just copy wmiirc.py to ~/.wmii and edit that.

--
Kris Maglione
It's a curious thing about our industry: not only do we not learn from