[dev] [dwm] [wmii] Prompt for client to add to current view

From: Nathan Neff <nathan.neff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:30:29 -0500

I'd like to have a menu that shows all the currently running clients,
and when I select a client, the current tag is applied to that client.

This would allow me to quickly view another client without having
to switch to the tag where the client is running.

For example, I'm in tag 1, and would like to keep the current
tag visible, plus view a 'Gmail' client that has another tag.
I press a key, and type 'gm', and the gmail client is added to tag #1,
as well as keeping its #4 tag.

Does anyone have a patch for wmii or dwm that will do this?

I've messed around with the python and ruby wmii configs, so
any implementation would be fine. The rumai wmiirc has a similar feature
that will show a list of clients, and when you choose a client, the
selected client is shown. I'm currently trying to change the behavior
to the behavior described above, but would like to know if someone
else has done it already.

Thanks,
--Nate