Re: [dev] [OT]: Go programming language

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:11:56 -0500

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:46:27PM +0100, pancake wrote:
>About the compiler stuff..i dont really know if they can generate good code,
>I mean, related to code optimizations they are assembling it all together in
>a very good way, but I dont see any post optimization process which will
>involve automatic code inlining, loop paralelization, register
>relocation, etc..

If it's based on the Plan 9 compilers, chances are it doesn't do
any of the above except for register optimization and minor
branch optimization. I'm not actually convinced of the merit of
most of those optimizations in most cases, at least not as far
as GCC is concerned (GCC is a really generally atrocious
compiler collection).

--
Kris Maglione
definition, not smart enough to debug it.