Re: [dev] [OT]: Go programming language

From: Niki Yoshiuchi <aplusbi_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:37:24 -0500

I think part of what makes Lisp "elegant" and "clean" is the simplicity of
its grammar. It has the shortest and simplest grammar of all the major
programming languages.

Here is C++'s grammar: http://www.csci.csusb.edu/dick/c++std/cd2/gram.html
Here is Lisp's grammar:
http://www.devincook.com/goldparser/doc/meta-language/grammar-LISP.htm

Granted C++ is a beast but even C has a huge grammar compared to Lisp. Of
course, that simplicity comes at a price - using the same token
(parenthesis) for everything, RPN, etc. although not everyone sees that as a
downside.

-Niki Yoshiuchi