Re: [dev] [OT]: Go programming language

From: Dmitry Maluka <dmitrymaluka_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:28:00 +0200

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 03:32:37PM +0000, Aled Gest wrote:
> Not really. I don't like having forced polish notation for everything,
> if I did I'd just write everything in ASM.

You have no clue what Lisp is. It's a meta-language. See below.

> Well you've failed in that attempt. I just don't see anything special
> about Lisp. You can fallaciously assume that that has something to do
> with a lack of understanding on my part, and you might even be right,
> but until you point out what makes Lisp have a cleaner and more
> logical syntax than C, I just don't see it.

Lisp syntax is a meta-syntax. With lisp macros, you can easily subdue
the language syntax to your needs. I miss them a lot when I write in C.
C preprocessor is stupid. C macros are ugly and dangerous, except of
simplest cases. C syntax is too complex to have such a powerful macro
system as Lisp has.