Re: [dev] wmii can save settings on close, can't it ?

From: David J Patrick <djp_AT_linuxcaffe.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:26:19 -0500

Quoting Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 08:38:51PM -0500, David J Patrick wrote:
>> because I don't relish the idea of rebuilding them every time.
>
> No. In theory you could script it, but it's not a problem in
> practice because settings are usually stored in initialization
> scripts.

DAMN!
Well that's a total show-stopper for me.

I like the suck-less philosophy
I like the look of wmii
and the key-bindings
and set-up a whole control panel for my business, using lightweight
(mostly cli and ncurses) apps, and am trying to set up a USB bootable
environment. for it.

but if my set-up is trashed evey time my machine re-starts, that's not
going to work.

does anyone have an idea how save-settings might happen ?
or do I have to (regretfully) leave wmii behind ?

:-(

djp