Re: [dev] wmii can save settings on close, can't it ?

From: Julien Steinhauser <Julien.Steinhauser_AT_orange.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:42:17 +0100

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 04:50:58PM -0500, djp_AT_linuxcaffe.ca wrote:

> Quoting Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:15 AM, David J Patrick <djp_AT_linuxcaffe.ca> wrote:
>>> I can take me a couple of days to get everything arranged just nice,
>>> it like the best work-environment I have ever used,
>>> and if the set-up can't be saved, then there's really no point.
>>
>> Why not suspend/hibernate your machine to the swap partition (on your
>> USB disk)? I've used this approach for some months now and haven't
>> bothered about persistent "sessions" ever since. It also helps me
>> save power consumption at night, when I'm not using the computer.
>
> and when it DOES have to be restarted, you lose MONTHS of
> configuration.. no thanks.
> I'm also planning on using it for a USBkey environment, so the re-start
> is a given.
> djp

It shouldn't be so hard to have a script which remembers on exiting
what were the urls in your browser(s), what files you were actually editing,
what other files you were working on with which app and also on which view
all that was and output it to a file which could be read on start up by an
another script to set up all right, would it?