Re: [dev] [OT]: Go programming language

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 06:36:17 +0100

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 6:27 AM, Aled Gest <himselfe_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/15 Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>:
>> What dependencies?
>
> These ones:
>
>> It has a runtime and a set of libraries, no
>> different from C++
>
> Those are drawbacks IMO. I avoid the C standard library where I can
> and I certainly avoid the C++ standard library like the plague, and
> just in case it wasn't clear, I hate C++ with a passion.

Those are drawbacks when you have to deal with insane stupid crap like
PoSix and the C++ standard library.

The Go libs are *really* nice (not perfect, but still light years
ahead of anything else out there). Just one example: no sockets, and
dial(2)-like interface instead! When I noticed this, I cried with joy.

uriel