Re: [dev] [OT]: Go programming language

From: Anselm R Garbe <anselm_AT_garbe.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 16:42:16 +0000

2009/11/15 Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>:
> I don't expect Go to kill C, there will always be a place for a
> portable assembler language, but Go will push C to the niche where it
> works best, while C++ and Java should be completely obliterated.

Now Go became a target of those feature zealots to try their luck
screwing it up with all the missing features they know from C++. At
least that makes C less vulnerable since they can go play with
something else.

What I really dislike about most of the go-nuts discussion atm is that
the majority is argueing about missing features and pointless
benchmarks instead of learning the basics of Go first and judging from
experiene with Go. Nobody should ask for any feature before using the
language for at least a couple of months on a daily basis. And I'd
rather ask for removing features or making them optional then.

I wish Russ/Ian/Rob were less polite and would make stronger points
(esp. on golang.org wrt exceptions and generics). By far the best
go-nuts mail I've seen so far was ken's response to the billion dollar
mistake yesterday.

Kind regards,
Anselm