Re: [dev] [surf] editing textboxes with external command

From: Moritz Wilhelmy <crap_AT_wzff.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:56:49 +0100

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:20:32AM +0000, Kai Hendry wrote:
> I use a scary Firefox extension "It's all text!" to get my text area
> editable in vim.
>
> Perhaps something like double clicking a textarea (I don't care for
> editing input type=text), would simply launch $EDITOR on it.

yes, something like that... I don't know how to get the content of a
textbox but it should be really simple.
just make a temporary file, put the current content of the textbox in
it, launch $EDITOR and read the content of the tempfile when $EDITOR
exits. That's it. maybe one could even make a user script...
and, because it's a function, you can assign it to $keybinding or
$mousebinding. Would be great if somebody could make such a patch or
tell me how to get the content of a textbox so I could write one
myself.

Kind regards
Moritz