[dev] [surf] Feature Request: external program URL parsing.

From: Jorge Vargas <jorge.vargas_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:24:09 -0600

After looking at http://surf.suckless.org/patches/searchengines

I realized this is a very handy feature if generalized. Ideally
parseuri should behave like dwm's keys/buttons. That is have a
function pointer that could be just some C code (like searchengines)
or call an external program like dmenu/xterm are called.

My idea for this external program is inspired by
http://code.google.com/p/autokey/ and
http://www.smileonmymac.com/TextExpander/ but suckless. And it should
work like dmenu (that is pass in a string, print to stdout a URI).
I'll be working on a set of commands for myselfs as I regularly need
to visit several sightly different URLs, if anyone is interested I'll
post that. However I'll probably do it in python as string building in
sane in there, so probably not up to suckless standars.

What do you think?