Re: [dev] slock - cannot log in

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:43:44 +0100

I wonder if it could be possible to add a static password for slock.

The reason is that because of dpms, it is common to type the password
without seeing anytihng on screen and then with dpms on discover that
somebody in the chat told you something and you replied with your
password.

No, this never happened to me ;) but it's a possible scenario, another one
i can imagine is that somebody just lock your X with a modified slock to
retrieve your user password.

If the slock password gets different from the user one it will be good
because this way your user password keeps as secret as is. And you
dont need to type it for everything.

I would like to see such option in config.h (not mandatory)

Do somebody agrees?