Re: [dev] simple portscanner

From: Rob <robpilling_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 18:11:47 +0000

I like your idea of splitting everything up, for example, I'd find the
discover program by itself very useful, as my router's DNS at home
doesn't let you resolve hostnames of computers inside the network, so
I have to log into the router every time.

2009/12/26 anonymous <aim0shei_AT_lavabit.com>
> Now I think: should I implement retransmission in simple port scanner?

I would say no, to keep everything simple, and the user can always
write a script or whatever to take the program's output and retry for
dropped/lost packets.