[dev] [wmii] sticky tagrule

From: Noah Tye <noahlt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 22:21:41 -0800

I run trayer, a small system tray, so that I can run nm-applet and use
Gnome's volume applet. Trayer is automatically started via my wmiirc,
however, it is not visible on all views (it's not sticky).

I want trayer to be sticky. This is possible[1] via:

    wmiir xwrite /client/$client/tags /./

However, I want trayer to be sticky without my having to type that
command manually. This seems to be something I'd do through tagrules,
but this doesn't work:

    wmiir write /tagrules <<!
    /trayer/ -> /./
    /MPlayer|VLC/ -> ~
    !

If I write 't' instead of '/./', trayer gets put on a view named 't',
so the problem is not in selecting the right client.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

--
noah@tyes.us | http://noahlt.tumblr.com/