Re: [dev] Re: [ANN] Ruby wmiirc - YAML import feature

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 22:21:31 -0800

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Armando Di Cianno <armando_AT_goodship.net> wrote:
> * BUG: Given the README doc located at the github repo
> (http://github.com/sunaku/wmiirc), it'd be nice if the example crash
> recovery .xinitrc supported a "clean shutdown" -- i.e. if I select
> "quit" from the menu, then wmii should always quit, without asking if
> I'd like to restart the window manager.

I don't know how to implement this. If the wmiirc's exit status is
reflected in wmii's exit status, then we could check that and break out
of the loop instead of showing the recovery dialog. But this doesn't
protect us from accidental exits: what if you run the "kill" action (or
wmiir xwrite /ctl kill) by accident -- how can xinitrc recognize this?

> In this instance, all my clients are dead anyway, so restarting wmii
> at that point is somewhat pointless.

Agreed. But it's a minor inconvenience IMHO, considering the difficulty
of solving the ambiguity mentioned above. Patches are welcome. :-)

Cheers.