Re: [dev] include files should never include include files?

From: Anders Andersson <pipatron_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:34:43 +0100

> You might not be having problems but he's saying that all that code passing
> through the lexical analyser will be slowing the compile down. If you put
> the #ifdef in the top file doing the includes then include files will be
> opened only the once and not many times.

What I did on the Amiga was to add the #ifdefs in my sources as well
as in the include files, which permits you to be lazy but enables you
to "optimize" whenever I cared for it. Normally I prefer to go for
code clarity, because all the #ifdefs in the source is just
distracting. Basically, don't worry about it.