Re: [dev] Distribution

From: Andres Perera <andres87p_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:17:53 -0430

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Jonathan Slark
<jonathan.slark_AT_talktalk.net> wrote:
> PKGBUILDs use fakeroot for the whole build and the fakeroot docs say you
> should only use it for the make install.
>
> I have done an LFS/DIY build but then I had a look at the Xorg website:
> "The best place to get X is from your operating system or distribution
> vendor."
<snip>

I think you're reading too much into recommendations. From reading
this, all I get is that general upstream recommendations are keeping
you from doing what you want.

If everybody used this reasoning, then no distro would've continued
after reading the specs for LSB or POSIX.