Re: [dev] Distribution

From: Jacob Todd <jaketodd422_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:04:04 +0000

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:34:47PM -0500, Samuel Baldwin wrote:
> 2010/1/18 Jacob Todd <jaketodd422_AT_gmail.com>:
> > "I heard they made a sport out of gcc, it's called gentoo or something"
> >        -Uriel
> >
> > I use Gentoo and Plan 9.
>
> Has anyone made gentoo work with anything besides gcc, like pcc or tcc?
>
> --
> Samuel Baldwin - logik.li

I used to have a chroot of funtoo that used clang. I didn't try building
X with it, but most things compiled fine. I think coreutils and svn were
some of the things that didn't compile, but nothing of value was lost
;). I'll have to try it out again one day.

--
Government is the great fiction through which everybody
endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.