[dev] issues with wmii tip and xcompmgr

From: Armando Di Cianno <armando_AT_goodship.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:18:45 -0500

Yes, xcompmgr is silly eye-candy ... but it used to work well
alongside wmii 3.9b1, and no longer does in tip.

My day-to-day setup involves mostly Emacs and rxvt-unicode, and I tend
to use playing video on the root window as a convenient way to keep
noodling on work while I catch up on news or movies. Emacs and
rxvt-unicode work great with composting window managers, which has
been nice.

At some point I decided to play with wmii tip, and it just refuses to
play well next to xcompmgr (clients visually disappearing, and then
reappearing on mouse over, for e.g.).

Clearly this isn't a huge issue to everyone, but it would be great if
the regression could be fixed. Much better to keep the composting
crap in xcompmgr, than anywhere near wmii.

__armando