Re: [dev] AfD discussion of dwm Wikipedia article

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:05:32 +0100

On 2/24/10, Jason Ryan <jasonwryan_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> markus schnalke wrote:
>> Maybe one should list all WMs that see dwm as their primary influence.
>

> It points to a deficiency in the way Wikipedia views notability: it is
> quite at odds with the notion of influence and derivation that powers
> free and open source software...

i don't know about the policy of wikipedia but it seems to me it is
full of irrelevant articles
..and i don't see why would that hurt anyone

the dwm article often got out of sync with the project and it had lots
of false info, meanwhile it got translated into 10 languages
for me this shows that it was not the developers who maintained it but
ppl who cared enough
..i thought that's the definition of being a relevant article

anyway i don't really care about that article much, it just seems odd
to me that they want to delete it now