Re: [dev] [dmenu] bugs and senselessness

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 01:02:52 +0000

On 2 April 2010 00:05, Nibble <nibble.ds_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I use dmenu with dclip, and i need dynamic reallocation in order to
> paste big selections. If you set a fixed size buffer, it will be
> splitted in several items of that size and paste all those fragments
> become a mess.

That may make sense in a separate patch, but I think it complicates
things too much when it comes to dmenu proper. Attached is a patch
which doesn't fix the sizeof text problem, but otherwise merges the
two changesets (your original patch clobbered some of my recent ones).
As I said in my original email, I don't think it's worth the
complexity, but if people do really want dynamic allocation here's a
patch.

cls